Issuance of the Permit for B2B/B2C
By Revenue Service of Georgia
1. The permit is issued only to the company, established in Georgia
Please note that the permit for organizing prize/winning games / sports betting is issued only in conjunction with the permit for organizing land activities as given bellow.
2. Permit for organizing betting in a systemic-electronic form may be issued only to the operator which holds a permit for organizing betting house on land.
3. Permit for organizing gambling in a systemic-electronic form may be issued only to the operators which holds permit for casino or slot club.
4. The permit seeker shall submit the number of documents to the Revenue Service of Georgia including the authorization certificate issued by the Selected Person.
5. The Revenue Service is obliged to issue its decision within 20 days after submission of the application from the permit seeker. If the decision is not made by the Revenue Service within the given timeline, the permit is considered to be granted.
The permit conditions to obtain a permit of Game Service Provider (GSP) (B2B permit) are given under the Law of Georgia On Organizing Lotteries, Games of Chance and Other Prize Games (the “Gambling Law”) and Law of Georgia on Licenses and Permits (the “Law on Permits”).
1. Application to the Revenue Service;
2. Official extract from the LELP National Agency of Public Registry for the legal entity;
3. Document, confirming the payment of the permit fee (100 000 GEL per one year for the permit);
4. Detailed list and description of the games and/or critical products/services to be provided;
5. Authorization certificate, confirming the compliance of critical products/services with the standards/requirements set by the Minister of Finances of Georgia;
6. Certificate of conviction of GSPs Managers, authorized to represent the company, shareholder/founder (if any), ultimate beneficial owner, issued by the country of citizenship;
7. Document certifying the provision of an origination of funds, paid for the permit fee. The responsibility regarding the correctness of the document lies on the permit seeker;
8. Any other document required by the Revenue Service to consider the application and render a decision.
One of the permit conditions for B2C and B2B to acquire a permit from the Revenue Service of Georgia is to present an authorization certificate issued by the Selected Person.
Overview of the Process
Registration and provision of the initial info
1. Applicant sent the request to be registered on the portal
2. No later than 5 days the Selected Person approves or rejects the application
o If the application is approved the process continues;
o If the application is rejected to applicant is given additional reasonable time to rectify the defect;
Conclusion of the Service Agreement with the Selected Person
3. If the application is approved, a service agreement shall be concluded between the applicant and the selected person determining the terms and conditions for payment of service fees.
4. In parallel with point 3 or after the service agreement with the Selected Person is signed, the Selected Person is entitled to issue an invoice for one-time fee(s).
Commencement of initial audit
5. After One-time fee for initial technical audit is paid, the selected person is obliged to start the initial audit procedures no later than 20 days. The timelines are as follows:
o Prize and/or winning games, organized in a systemic-electronic form – not more than 45 days;
o Slot club(s) – not more than 30 days;
o Betting houses – not more than 15 days;
o Critical products/services – not more than 15 days
These timelines may be extended only once with the same number of days.
6. Within the 7 days after completion of the initial audit, the result of the audit is sent to applicant
o If the result of the initial audit is positive, the Selected Person initiates the integration procedures
o If the result of the initial audit is negative:
§ the selected person shall determine a reasonable period of time for the applicant to rectify the defect
§ if the initial audit confirms the substantial incompatibilities with the established standards / requirements which cannot be rectified during the current authorization process, the authorization process will be considered terminated.
[OPTIONAL] Issuance of the Provisional Approval Certificate
If the initial audit confirms the absence of substantial incompatibilities with the established standards / requirements which cannot be rectified during the current authorization process, the Selected Person may upon its discretion issue a Provisional Approval Certificate up to the period of 3 (three) month for the rectification of defects.
Integration with the System
7. After One-time fee for placement/installation of the equipment is paid, the Selected Person starts the integration procedures. The timelines are as follows:
o Prize and/or winning games, organized in a systemic-electronic form – not more than 30 days;
o Slot club(s) – not more than 90 days;
o Betting houses – not more than 10 days;
o Critical products/services – not more than 45 days.
These timelines may be extended only once with the 30 days.
As a result of integration procedures, the Applicant shall be able to send XML reports to Selected Person.
Issuance of the Authorization Certificate
8. No later than 2 days after the completion of the system integration, the selected person will issue an authorization certificate.
* * *
The information given above, refers to the permit and certifications conditions and may have non-exhaustive character with respect to the requirements, set for by the laws of Georgia regarding the specific type of activity.
We do not make any assurance and/or warranties as to the accuracy of the information reflected.
Please, before submitting for the permit, consult with your local counsel for more detailed information.